What is IPL and how does it work?
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a light-based hair removal method, which targets the melanin (pigment) inside the hair to interrupt the hair growth cycle and prevent hair regrowth, without damaging the skin.
1. The light energy is transferred through the skin’s surface and is absorbed by the melanin present in the hair shaft
2. The absorbed light is converted to heat energy (below the surface of the skin), which disables the hair follicle preventing further growth
3. Treated hairs naturally fall out over a period which can vary from a few days to 1-2 weeks depending on the individual
4. Repeat every week for 12 weeks to catch each hair during its growth phase
Is IPL suitable for me?
Mlay T14 IPL is effective on naturally dark blonde, brown and black hair and on skin tones from very white to dark brown. As with other IPL-based treatments Mlay T14 IPL cannot be used to treat white, grey, light blonde or red hair and is not suitable for very dark skin.
● IPL technology is based on the relation between melanin in the skin and hair, whichmeans it can be ineffective for light-haired users and unsafe for deep-skinnedusers. IPL is very effective on skin tones 1-5 and on blonde to dark hair.
● 92% hair removed after 3 weeks treatment.
First IPL with Advanced Cooling System100% painless
cooling system provides strong ice sensation
● Relieves the
heat sensation of epidermal skin and provides more comfortable treatment
● Reach 3℃
within 5 seconds, fast cooling.
Fastest Flashes with Highest Energy
- The higher the energy level, the better the hair removal effect
- Compare with traditional 2.5 s/flash IPL，Mlay T14 provides 0.5s / flash with highest enegy output in the market - 17 J.
- With the fastest flashes and the highest enegy, the whole treatment with T14 only takes 10 minutes
Replaceable and Specified Lamp Heads
- Specialized heads for body, bikini, face areas. More hygienic and professional
- Life time usage machine - Every lamp head can support 500K flashes, so together 1.5Million flashes. Flashes numbers only related to lifetime of lamp heads. Replace lamp head when the flashes finished.
Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a technology used by cosmetic and medical practitioners to perform various skin treatments for aesthetic and therapeutic purposes, including hair removal, photorejuvenation (e.g. the treatment of skin pigmentation, sun damage, and thread veins) as well as to alleviate dermatologic diseases such as acne.
IPL is a type of FDA-cleared light treatment that uses strong pulses of a broad spectrum of polychromatic light to target the melanin in hair follicles to achieve permanent hair removal results.
As the pigment absorbs light, it gets heated up and destroyed. Hair will grow back more sparsely and slower after each treatment, permanently reducing hair growth.
- Use 3 times a week during first month;
- Use 2 times a week during second and third month;
- Use once every half or one month after third month.
Most customers start to see evident hair reduction after 3-4 weeks. With 2-3 treatment per week, the effect becomes completely evident after 12 weeks. After each treatment, hair will grow much more sparsely and thinly. Eventually, hair reduction becomes permanent. To maintain the skin’s smoothness, you need to do 1 treatment every 2 to 3 months or as required. Both the outcome and frequency of treatment are different case by case.
According to FDA’s regulations, permanent hair removal means ‘continued and steady reduction of hair over a prolonged period’, which we provide, though some may interpret the term ‘permanent’ differently. Please know that even the photo-therapy used in clinics is not entirely permanent.